Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

I realize that all of my blogs are about 2 weeks behind real life….and for that I apologize!
It is resolution time! Some years I forget to make any at all, other years I make totally unrealistic ones that I never follow through with. This year I will try to make a couple of simple ones that hopefully (fingers crossed) I will be able to keep track of.

1. Find a church here in Charlotte that we love to become members of. I so wish we had a New Spring here, I always here such good things about it and I would love to check it out. But we are really looking for a Lutheran church…if you know of any good ones in Charlotte please let me know, we’ve visited 2 that we like but are still looking.


2. I want to cook more! We got so many great kitchen/cooking supplies at the wedding it makes me want to cook more. I feel like when the holidays rolled around I got into cooking/baking more so than normal so I would like to stay on that kick. What I really need to do is look into new things to make. I’m sure Matt is getting tired of my limited menu and us making the same 10 things over and over again!

3. Take a beginners photography class. I go all of these cool places and I would like to take advantage while I am there and take great pictures. Last year I bought a Cannon G11 (which is supposed to be one of the best point and shoot cameras) to try to get better photo quality. I do think my pictures look way better than they did with my old cybershot but it has all of these different settings but I always just keep it on AUTO. You probably have to have a ‘real deal’ camera in order to start any kind of photography class but who knows, maybe 2011 is the year I will invest in one…


4. Learn Spanish…ok I know this sounds like a huge goal and no, I do not expect to be fluent by 1/1/12 BUT I want learn it. As I have mentioned in previous posts we have a Spanish speaking client that takes a group of 700 people on a trip with us each year. Of those 700 about 500 of them speak Spanish so it would really make things easier if I were at least able to carry on a casual conversation. Plus, for our trip with them this year we are going to Spain so there’s even more of a reason to learn. My boss had mentioned us having someone come to the office to give us some lessons and I think we should take the initiative and try to learn it.


5. Learn to play tennis!


Ok that’s all for now! It was time for me to get rid of my 2010 planner. (And by get rid of I mean move it from my work bag to a desk drawer- I can never throw planners away for some reason!) Either way I started flipping through it. 2010 was SUCH a great year full of Life Changing and special events, great trips and lots of fun! I can without a doubt say it has been my best year yet, here’s a quick recap of where I went and what I did in 2010.


January- Work trip to Santa Monica and San Diego
Feb- long weekend in Charleston
March- Girls trip to Lawrence Kansas
April- Austin, TX for my SISTER in law Hayley’s wedding
May- Birthday Weekend in NYC and work trip in Paris
June- work trip to Puerto Rico. My bachelorette weekend with all of my girls in Tybee/Savannah!
July- work trip to San Diego and Fourth of July in Pawleys Island
August- WE GOT MARRIED by far the best and most important event!!!! Followed by an amazing honeymoon in St Lucia
September- Work Trip to Costa Rica
October-got to see my besties when they came back for the Clemson/Miami game and a work trip in Chicago
November- work trip to Barcelona and Thanksgiving in beautiful Hawaii
December- Our first married Christmas and New Years in New Orleans

Goodbye 2010, thanks for a great year! I can’t wait to see what 2011 has in store for us…