Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Recap

Sorry to be posting about Christmas so late but here is a quick recap...

Matt had traffic court on Thursday morning, 12/23 (he had gotten a ticket for rolling through a stop sign.) When he went to court he didn't even have to go in the court room, they dropped the ticket in the 'sign in area' (looks like the cops were ready to get home for Christmas). So it was a great start to the break!

Then we drove to Clemson to have an early dinner with Mimi and Grandy and all the Kingsmores. We had a ton of food and had a nice dinner together then we all did our Christmas exchange, we got some great stuff but most of all it was great to see everyone!



After we were done we drove strait to Matts Dads house in Simpsonville. They were having the annual Kern Christmas Party which is always a great time! This year they made it a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party, which was a fun twist. Lots of friends were there and it was a really fun night! The next day we went out to lunch and opened presents with the Kerns before we headed to Spartanburg




I promise I was not the only one wearing a tacky sweater....
 

















We went to Matt's moms house in Spartanburg for dinner on Christmas Eve. Matts moms house has a Christmas tree in practically every room, decorations everywhere you turn, and she owns every Christmas movie you could imagine; I love being there over the holidays, it really puts you in the Christmas spirit! We had a great dinner, went to church then came back and watched A Christmas Story (my favorite)! We woke up on Christmas morning, had breakfast and did our Christmas exchange with the Loadholdts. Then around lunch time we headed to Piedmont...

We got to my parents house and had Christmas with my family. That afternoon it started snowing! Fun fact that I heard a million times that day: it was the first white Christmas Greenville has had since 1963. HOWEVER, I do remember a Christmas in Greenville when I was in third of fourth grade where there were snowflakes falling but they did not stick so I don't know if that counts or not? Either way, I am so glad we had a white Christmas! That night Matt and I went to have a drink at Courtney's house, I had not seen her since she and Keith got engaged so I had to see her and check out her amazing ring!!! Then we headed back to my house, grilled filets, had a great dinner, watched the snow and played the new wii my dad got, It was a GREAT day and the perfect Christmas!


Allies new Clemson sweater I got her for Christmas!





















The morning of the 26th my Aunt and Uncle and my 3 cousins came to our house to have Christmas. My youngest cousin, Whit, had just gotten a Basset Hound puppy for Christmas named Buck that he brought with him. He was sooo sweet and cute! We opened presents with them and had a delicious lunch.

Then we packed up the car and headed back to Charlotte. We had such an AMAZING Christmas and I am so glad we got to see SO many of our family and friends this holiday! It was a prefect, first, white, MARRIED Christmas and we could not have asked for a better one.

I always get sad when Christmas is over, we still have our Christmas decorations up (that is a project we will tackle this weekend). Oh well, Goodbye Christmas (sigh) we will anxiously be awaiting your return next year!