Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Italy Vacation!

After my work was over program (see previous post)  Matt met me in Sorrento where we spent 3 nights and 4 days!


Some of the highlights from our time in Sorrento were:

Positano- We spent the day here and had lunch, walked around, went shopping and explored. I love Positano with the scenery is just amazing!
A cloudy shot of Positano 


Capri- We took the ferry from Sorrento to Capri. We had lunch (best calamari I have ever had and I don’t even usually like calamari!) and explored the island. Late afternoon we took a private boat tour around the island. If you visit Capri I would definitely recommend this, it is relatively inexpensive and so much fun! We went around the whole island, drank wine, made a swim stop and saw several grottos. On the day were there the waters were still very rough so again, we were unable to go into the Blue Grotto that Capri is famous for :(. Oh well, I guess that means we will just have to go back again some day!

yummy!


inside one of the grottos

Green Grotto


Downtown Sorrento- We spent a lot of time walking all over Sorrento with all of the great food, bars and shopping it has to offer.


Bufulito Inn- our favorite restaurant in Sorrento!


view from our balcony

Sorrento is such an amazing place and we will definitely go back one day. It is the best place to stay if you want to go all over and explore the Amalfi Coast. The location is very centrally located and you can get to Amalfi, Positano, Capri and Naples all by a quick ferry ride. Sorrento itself is absolutely beautiful. You cannot walk down the street for 5 minutes without seeing dozens of limon, lime and orange trees. I’m sure we could have stayed much longer but at this point I had been there for 13 days and was ready for a change of scenery. Rome was our next stop, but I will save that for my next post!