Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Monday, December 6, 2010

~*~ Christmas Traditions ~*~

I love Christmas Traditions! I love the ones that we have been doing since I was little, newer ones we have continued to do year after year and I love creating new ones!

With this year being our first married Christmas I definitely wanted to add a new tradition or two. I saw this idea in a magzine and I thought it was really cute so I wanted to pass it on:

Buy a bottle of champagne (or sparkling cidar) to enjoy while decorating your tree. No twist-offs (sorry Andre!)

Save the Champagne cage and top (we saved the Champagne cork as well-just because)



Write the year on the bottom of the champagne top



Use the cage to hang it on your tree




Do this every year and add more and more champagne cages to your tree! (Next year I will probably try to find a bottle with a colorful top.)

Another tradition Matt and I always enjoy is going to Hollywild in Inman, SC to see the lights and feed the animals in the "Enchanted Dear Forrest." We went in December 2003 on one of our first dates and have gone every year since. So this year will be our 8th visit (I had to count that in my head a few times because I thought it would be the 7th time but it's actually the 8th!) We usually blare our own Christmis music, bring our own food for the animals (they get tired of the same old stuff but they love chexmix) and bring some hot chocolate- I cannot wait to go again this year!

Everyone reading, please post about what Christmas traditions you do-I would love to hear them! I always love adding new traditions or at least trying out a new Christmas activity I didnt know about.