Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Costa Rica- Pure Vida

I just returned from a trip to Costa Rica last week. I left on 9/26 and got back on 9/30- short and sweet, those are the kind of work trips I like! :) This was my first time in Costa Rica. I flew in to Liberia and drove to the Papagayo Peninsula where the hotel was. From what the locals were saying Costa Rica really only has two seasons: dry and "green" aka. rainy season. Rainy season is from June-November, Dry season from December-May. So we were there for rainy season and boy did it rain! It was always on and off and it was such great weather when it wasn't raining (perfect temps but VERY humid!)

I stayed at the Four Seasons Papagayo. The hotel was probably my favorite part of the whole trip. This was also my first time staying in a Four Seasons. The property was truly amazing and the service was excellent! When I first got to my room I thought wow I must have been upgraded, but no- I was in a totally standard room. They have the nicest 'standard' rooms I've stayed in. All rooms have huge balconies with "ocean views". I say "ocean views" because in Costa Rica they can only have their structures/buildings/hotels so high and they don't do things like cut down trees so you can see the ocean, which I liked. But we still got some beautiful views driving around Papagayo. They have two types of monkeys all over the peninsula: capuchin (the little ones with the white faces) and the howler. I only saw howler monkeys while I was there but I really hope to see the others when I go back! On a side note, supposedly Heidi Montag was there while we were but I am sad to say I did not have any sightings.

We have a group of 250 people coming here in June. So this was a site inspection trip to make some decisions about the activities and events we would do there with the group etc. Those are definitely my favorite trips. Like a little "test" of what you want the groups to experience. While we were there we got a tour of the whole property, went to check out 2 venues we are using, went to view a catamaran and all the motorcoach vehicles we will be using, interview some local staff and my favorite thing we did...go ziplining! I thought I would be way too scared to do it and I was on the first two lines but after the first couple of lines it all feels the same and I was brave enough to actually open my eyes and enjoy it! :)

We got a lot done and had some fun at the same time. I am excited to go back there in June. Here are some of the pictures from the trip:



My room


Our car being stampeded by cows!


On the way to see the Catamaran


Four Seasons Property





Until Next Time...