Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Home Again, Home Again

I was lucky to have a long visit home from August 6-September 8th (Matt has there for about half that time). We had been feeling pretty homesick so this visit was very overdue. We were very busy during our time at home and crammed A LOT into our visit. We went to Greenville, Spartanburg, Louisville, Charleston and Clemson. Here are some of our highlights...

We started off our visit with a night in Greenville where we got to see someone we had been missing SO MUCH...Aspen! (And my parents of course but we had also just seen them in Europe ;). I cannot express how much I missed Aspen and I how long I had been playing out our reunion in my head and my dreams. It did not dissappoint, it was so great to see him! We spent pretty much the next 24 hours hanging out with him, seeing my parents again and eating food we had been missing so much (hint Chick Fil A and steak)!

Golf cart ride with my favorite boys

We finally got to meet precious baby Davis and hang out with sweet Mary Tyler!
He is such a cuddler, I love it!

Then we headed to Spartanburg to see the Loadholdt's for a few days. There was a shower that weekend to celebrate baby Connor so we also got to see Hayley, Jay, Grace, Neil and Maggie! It has been so long since we were all together so it was so great to see everyone and catch up. Then we had a couple of nice relaxing days with Donna, Paul and our favorite foods! We had a blast, the shower was wonderful and it was a so good to get to spend time with everyone!
Everytime I see Grace she is always so much more grown up! She is so fun and has the cutest little personality!

From Spartanburg we flew to Louisville to see the Kerns and sweet Abby! We went to Cincinnati for the day, did some shopping and relaxing...perfect visit and just what the Dr. ordered. 
Pool time with this cutiepie!
My first Skyline Chili experience

From Louisville we headed to Charleston! Matt was working in the Blackbaud office for a week and it was so nice to be back in "our city." We had the best time catching up with all of our friends and going to all of our favorite spots. Sullivans Island Beach days, Taco Mamacitas, Home Team, Cat 6's at Shelter, Poogans Porch, Pitt St. Bridge, HH at Waters Edge, Paiges, shopping at the market...it felt so good to be home!

Prohibition Bar on King
Cat 6's!
Captain Crunch French Toast at Ritas on Folly!

We got to meet adorable baby Chapman!
Happy Hour at Waters Edge

We even got to spend our 4th anniversary there. Matt pulled out all the stops and the whole day was full of fun and surprises! The day started off with a car picking us up at the hotel and taking us to Pitt St. Bridge for a picnic lunch of Jim and Nicks BBQ (yum!!!). Then we headed downtown where we went shopping at the Market, walked around downtown, did some bar hopping at Social and Craftsman Kitchen. Then Matt really surprised me by reenacting our exact engagement with a horse and carriage picking us up at the exact same spot where it did when we got engaged (he gets big points for that one)! We took a horse and carriage tour around the battery. Then headed to dinner at one of our very favorite places, Magnolias. We ended the night with a drink at Gin Joint. It was truely a prefect day and Matt pulled out all the stops- he's the absolute best and I am so lucky to be married to him! 4 years has seemed to fly by yet it seems like we've been married forever all at the same time. Our third year of marriage has been by far the best with so many great adventures so I cannot wait to see what our fourth has in store for us!

Matt flew back to London from Charleston and I headed back to Greenville to spend 2 weeks with my family. During that 2 weeks I got to go to the first 2 Clemson games, spend time with Aspen and my parents, catch up with friends and visit with my Grandparents in Clemson. It was a perfect visit!

Clemson vs. UGA at Georgia
Worlds cutest Clemson fans
Firebirds with some of my favorite ladies!
At Macs Speedshop with Court!
Clemson vs SC State (first Clemson homegame) with lots of my favorite people! 

When it was time to leave it is so hard not to be sad, but knowing I will be back for Christmas makes it much easier. I love our time here in London but being away from our family and friends is the hardest part! It was so great to see so many people we love and miss, I could not have asked for a better visit! 
Saying goodbye (for now) to my sweet boy!