Lifes Little Adventures...

Lifes Little Adventures...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This Is The House That Matt Built

Sorry Jack, I stole your song!

Since we bought our townhouse in May 2009, Matt has made so many upgrades and improvements all on his own. He has totally taught himself how to do these things by just reading about them and watching DIY videos and he does a really great job!
Usually he waits until I am out of town for a long period of time to start the project. This works for him because he claims it gives him something to do while I am gone but it also works for me because I don’t have to deal with my house/bathroom/kitchen being a mess/work area and the garage can turn into his “shop” rather than my parking spot. Plus it’s so nice to come home to a home improvement. :)
Since we have been here he has….

Added Backsplash tile in the kitchen

BEFORE
AFTER



Put tile in the Master and guest bathrooms

Guest Bathroom Linoleum Floor BEFORE
Guest bathroom AFTER
 But the biggest project he has taken on was our shower. He did a WONDERFUL job and it looks AMAZING! But if you ask him if he would do it again he will say no. I think it ended up being way more time consuming and way more of an expensive project than he originally anticipated. But check out this before and after…
BEFORE
AFTER



I am so lucky to have such a handy husband who loves making our home even better!